Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Dress a Girl around the World


I have recently learned about a ministry that is right up my ally. Dress a Girl around the world.  This ministry makes simple little dresses for little girls in third world countries.
There is also a group who makes shorts for little boys.  It is called boys in the background.  Because in the pictures of the girls there always little boys in the background  looking at the girls in their new dresses. (We can't leave those sweet boys out. )

When I told my mom and dad about my plans for this ministry.  They told me I could turn a room in their old office into my sewing room.  I will be posting pictures as I progress on the clean out of the room.
My dad sold his company about 10 years ago.  Therefore this office has not been used in a while.  Lots of dust! 
Boxes of old files. An overflowing office supply cabinet.

Paint cans, samples of sheet metal. Instructions for old computers, old programs& Floppy disk.  My personal favorite was this one.
The word processor.  The bible on floppy disk!  
The really old big floppies from the 80's!
 Did I mention the lovely green shag carpet.  What can I say it is a 1972 mobile home.  At least it has A/C !

I have removed all of the old files and office supplies.  
 Now my brother will come in and remove all the desks, cabinets and boxes of office supplies.  

Then it will be adios green shag carpet!  

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds like such an awesome ministry! I'll definitely have to look into that, thanks for sharing! Good luck with your cleanout...and yes, out with the shag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I plan on wearing a dust mask as we pull it out. 40 years worth of dirt under there. It will be an experience!

    ReplyDelete